Friday, September 11, 2009

Where did the month of August go?


I have barely stepped into my craft room (except to do laundry) during the month of August. Lots of traveling and visiting with family and friends. However I did make this birthday card for my father who turned 86 on August 15th. This card was inspired by the wheat fields in his hometown of Harvey, North Dakota and his love of baseball. A week after his birthday, my sister and I took a road trip with our dad to Harvey. We had never been to North Dakota and were delighted with the beautiful farmland - especially the sunflower fields! We also met some wonderful relatives who treated us to the warmest hospitality!

1 comment:

Jean said...

Stacy, what a great tribute to your dad!!! The textures and use of color and black and white in combination create a unique card. The wheat fields as a backdrop fills me with warm memories of the past.