Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Fairy Door

We are moving on to the second challenge at The Three Muses - this one is "Doors". Congratulations, Bev, Ann and Marie, on such a successful new site where all art forms are welcome!

20 comments:

indybev said...

This is gorgeous, Stacy. So meticulously done, and I love the soft colors. (I know what you mean about all the entries, but it was Marie's turn for the challenge this week, and Wednesday morning in Oz is only Tuesday night for a lot of us!) Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us!

Taluula said...

Stacy this is absolutely stunning, the colours are so soft and dreamy and your blending and layering is wonderful. Bravo.

Terri Kahrs said...

Your little enchanted door is precious and stunning! Fabulous magic!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Oooh, this is lovely and magical!

Mary said...

This is beautiful - absolutely gorgeous!

"MOI" Freubel said...

Oh my !
I learned a new English word of Bev ! "METICULOUSLY" :-)
******
Stacy how did you come on this idea ? The figurines and that fairy blend into the door. When I watch it close up I see so many details ! My hands are clapping for you.

lorhen82 said...

Wow...that's beautiful! I'm very impressed! ~Lori

Yvonne said...

What a beautiful fairy door! It looks so magical.

Judy said...

So magical, Stacy, truly beautiful!

vintage wil said...

Wow its gorgeous !great image and so lovely!!

Eila A said...

Wonderful! Full of charm and fantastic details.

Ozstuff said...

Yes, Tuesday night in the US is Wednesday morning here in Oz - and Ann (Taluula) falls somewhere in between. I guess this means that the posting time for a new challenge may be a little different each week!
Stacy, your faerie door is stunning - so beautiful and so expertly composed. I love it. Thanks so much for taking part in the challenge.

Jamie said...

I want to be a fairy and go through too! LOL!! This is a wonderful piece and very well done sweetie. Everyone needs a little fairy magic:) Love, Jamie

Jean said...

STACY,your fairy door is quite enchanting! I wonder what magical secrets those lovely fairies are keeping behind that mystical door! Your interpretation of this theme is absolutely exquisite!!!!

Nan said...

Hi Stacy...I looked at this up close and can't even imagine how you did it. It's very beautiful.
I will email you and try to explain the transfer method. It's very simple, just hard to find the paper we used.

Lori Saul said...

This is so ethereal and beautiful Stacy- so inviting and enchanted!

Elizabeth Golden said...

This is incredible, wish I was a fairy...

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning work Stacy, I love the fairies around the door, (which is very beautiful in it self) and the subtle overlay of the lady on the door just finishes it off perfectly. Wonderful work!

Martina said...

Very beautiful artwork, Stacy.
It´s so soft and romantic.

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

ooooh what an enchanted door and brilliant creation, I want to open that door :)
~*~ Patty