Thursday, January 8, 2009

Art Creations Friday Challenge 7


I'm late with my entry but I did make a card using this great background! This one is exciting for me because this is the first time I have done any digital art using layers. My 21 year old daughter was home for college and spent a few hours teaching me the basics of layering. Until now I had only used Photoshop to alter one picture at a time. This is an eye opening new experience! Thank you, Holly, my beautiful and generous angel for encouraging me to open my horizons!

5 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Lovely card, I need to get my daughter to show me how to do that too !! Beautiful ;-)
Lorraine

Jan said...

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I absoloutely adore your site. I, too, love the 30's and 40's and cannot believe that I was actually born in the 1930's but was obviously too young to be aware of and appreciate the era! It's wonderful that you've decided to devote your blog purely to this period.
Lovely card by the way - digital art is something that I really need to get my head around because some wonderful effects can be achieved. I keep getting my Photoshop manual out and then putting it away again - I really must persevere!

indybev said...

Send your daughter to me. I use Digital Image Pro for my digital art, but I have PSE-5 loaded on my hard drive. I can't seem to figure out layering in Photoshop. This is a lovely card, and now you're off and running!

Anneke said...

this looks very precious

vintage wil said...

O what a beautiful artwork!!!