Friday, January 9, 2009

Art Creations Friday Challenge 8


Still practicing my digital art lessons! But I cannot seem to let go of the tactile elements of conventional card making, i.e. ribbons, buttons, and brads! I'm okay with that. That is where my heart is. But who knew erasing layers could be so engrossing?

This background did not exactly suggest Valentines - I forced it, because on January 1st I am full throttle into Valentines, my favorite card making holiday. Christmastime is too stressful for me to send cards, but six weeks later I try to catch up with old friends by sending Valentines - after all, Valentine's Day is all about the cards!

15 comments:

Hermine said...

BEautiful card

Kris Dickinson said...

Gorgeous Valentine!

Anneke said...

this is a very elegant card and love the soft colors.
thank you for your visit

Tacey said...

What a beautiful card Stacy! It's elegant and soft. Thank you for your comment and visiting my blog. It is appreciated.

Faye said...

Beautiful card, Stacy. I'm also torn between the digital and the tactile arts.

vintage wil said...

what a beautiful card!!!

Femmy said...

beautiful card and great images!!

Hanne said...

This is a beautiful card Stacy!

Myriame said...

Beautiful creation.

Char said...

Lovely collage.

Ozstuff said...

Such a beautiful card and so skilfully done. I can't believe you are a learner!!

~*~Patty S said...

Very creative use of the bg, wonderful card!

Jan said...

Love what you've done with this Stacy

My name is Cindy said...

What a great idea Stacey! It is lovely card.

pepeetje said...

great creation :-) beautiful